To provide compliance coverage i.e., training, monitoring, advice and support to the corporate banking, investment banking and research businesses of Wanfuteng Bank Vanuatu. An emphasis will be placed on ensuring that the Bank is complying with specific regulations and/or policies that govern these businesses.
- Advise business areas on firm policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
- Identify regulatory trends and developments that impact business areas, and advise staff as to how this may impact their current activities.
- Draft, update, and implement relevant policies and procedures.
- Provide regulatory/compliance training.
- Assist the business on implementing and documenting various supervisory and control mechanisms.
- Participate in internal investigations, respond to regulatory inquiries, and coordinate internal and external audits and inspections.
- Perform testing and monitoring of compliance with firm policies for covered business areas
- Participate in compliance risk assessments to ensure effective business control framework.
- Analyze new regulations and conduct business-based analysis and execute requite implementation.
- Generate KRIs/KPIs for areas of coverage for ongoing reporting to senior management.
- Develop and deliver proactive strategies and tactics that support compliance/business objectives.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues including working closely with and sharing information with the Control Room team.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- A minimum of 5 years of compliance experience. Similar experience with a regulator or law firm will be considered
- Good understanding of applicable international compliance rules
- Knowledge of origination and syndication practices, ideally with some lending and asset backed exposure
- An understanding of control room processes a benefit
- Outstanding written and spoken communication abilities
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Highly organized and capable of dealing with complex projects
- BA or international equivalent.
LOCATION: Port Vila, Vanuatu, Oceania
JOB HOURS: Full Time
SALARY: Good package upon experience