Plays a key role in overseeing the administration of the day to day activities of all pooled vehicles for the Global Fund Administration department. The candidate will play an integral role in ensuring the requirements of our internal and external customers are managed efficiently and effectively as we look to provide “Best in Class Service” to all of our customers.The Manager oversees a team including a team leader and several fund admin analysts in overseeing a group of pooled vehicles for the Global Fund Administration department
- Authorizing, reviewing and/or making critical decisions for individual funds
- Instructing accounting staff on new and revised procedures (corporate and departmental)
- Ensuring all funds adhere to departmental accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure regulatory compliance and advise on certain tax issues.
- Ensure accuracy of distribution and tax data at fund and shareholder levels.
- Addressing questions or concerns raised by audit firms when conducting year end audits.
- Reviewing Shareholder Reports and ensure timely dissemination.
- Vendor Management.
- Participate in new product launches or liquidations.
- Assisting account managers with resolution of complex problems.
- Sets and monitors accounting procedures for new or complex funds with Senior Management
- Liaising among our internal customers and various vendors (portfolio managers, legal, custodians, vendors, etc.) on various issues.
- Participating in the departmental salary administration and personnel management process (performance reviews).
- Ensure Fund Compliance with every regulatory bodies.
- Income analysis for Dividend Committee Meetings.
- Review expense analysis as well as creating new budgets.
- Analyze NAV Calculations for accuracy
- Recommend and participate in the implementation of changes and enhancements to the department.
- Process Improvements.
- Document procedures.
- Reply to client requests
- Responsible for staff’s technical and professional development.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- A minimum of 5-7+ years of experience in the mutual fund or finance industry as well as a 4 year degree in a business field (preferably accounting or finance related).
- Proficient knowledge of mutual fund accounting.
- Knowledge of tax issues, regulations, financial reporting and the use of spreadsheets.
- Excellent analytical skills, communication skills, organizational skills, and problem solving skills
- BA or international equivalent.
LOCATION: Port Vila, Vanuatu, Oceania.
JOB HOURS: Full Time
SALARY: Good package upon experience